Oh, Faboo, Oh Trans, . . . . Here I go following through. I’m kind of like a sheep today, but I’m going to use this new handy strike through feature to rebel just a tad. How very 8th grade of me: Look at me rebelling with my Emily patch – so much more progressive than
Here is how it works:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I don’t get why – when I chat with my neice & little sister – they prefer to type kk and mk instead of ok. I mean, k, would make sense to me, but mk? I think it comes from the fact that if you are texting with a traditional cell phone – “o” is three clicks in. . . . Ah ha! “m” is the first click on the “o” button. Technology driven etymology before our very eyes.
2. When I arrive at work, I tend to re-straighten everything on my desk. It’s something I was unaware I was doing until 1999 when a co-worker pointed it out to me. I find surrendering to my tiny OCD moments without attaching heavy meaning is the best way to minimize the habit.
3. I have never eaten most vegetables. Every boyfriend who tried to “cure” me of picky eating is history.
4. Last weekend, I was hiking w/ some girlfriends – some new, some old – and we came to a rocky creek. Having made peace with my chicken self, I was going to turn back. Slippery stones is a nerve presser for me. But one of the women (she’s so cool), she said, “You can take off your shoes and walk across barefoot. . . . I’ll do it with you.” And we did. It felt so good. Cool water & sand bed. Putting my socks & boots back on with muddy feet was oddly delightful. What a gift. Thanks, YKW.
6. I’m only recently learning that I’m not actually shy. When I was 19, a therapist said to me that teenagers who drink usually end up depriving themselves of learning how to socialize in group settings. I finally see that meeting people at parties gets easier with practice. “Hi, I’m Ruth. How’s that fig appetizer?”
7. I hate house cleaning and rarely do it. Was raised having a house keeper come every week. So I don’t even know how to clean. On the semi-annual occasions when squirting the 409 can no longer be avoided, I turn to sites like this for help. It’s like Hints From Heloise on steroids. Reading ehow.com makes me feel empowered; whereas, skimming Heloise’s modern incarnation of a website makes me feel homicidal. I wonder why.
“Preparing tacos? Use a napkin holder to hold that taco shell steady while you add your favorite fillings. Then just wipe it off and it’s fiesta time.”
Like, I’m so feeling a 9 on the rage scale. “Fiesta time”. Wonderbread eating Bi-atch. I’ll give you a taco.
What’s wrong with me? I guess I better go to work. Yes, working again on a Saturday, again.