1. During my last 90 minutes of work today, I felt so dizzy. Like crazy dizzy. Like pass out dizzy. Ninety whole minutes I sat there dizzily compiling numbers onto a spreadsheet, and I wondered, is this what morning sickness feels like?
2. I’ve never been pregnant, not even for a day. I’ve taken pregnancy tests two times – more than 20 years apart. Both times I was in love. Both times I was thrilled not to be pregnant. Both times I was also disappointed.
3. You know what I think caused the nausea? The large ice coffee I’d been sipping all afternoon. Does this mean I have high blood pressure? Fuck.
4. Yesterday at the optometry clinic, the doctor told me that I have signs of triglycerides near my corneas. I told him, “That’s gross.” And he said, “No, it’s not really gross.” He also told me he his uncle had been murdered many years ago in a lovers’ triangle. I don’t want fatty eyes. I don’t want to be forced to take prescriptions for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I don’t want to have to avoid caffeine. I don’t want to die a slow death.
5. NaBloPoMo is breaking me. I’ve got one reserve post stored away. Each day I give myself the option of using it. But each day, I think, tomorrow will be more challenging; tomorrow I’ll be more fatigued; tomorrow I won’t be able to summon any energy at all. And I save the reserve.
6. This post — this one here — it’s a great example of why one ought not blog daily.